SAVE THE DATE: February 27, 2009
Training: Gentle Birth Skills & Drills
Date: Friday, February 27, 2009
Time: 9am to 5pm
Place: Central Union Church
Cost: $75 without CEUs or $125 w/ CEUs
Who should attend: nurses, doulas, childbirth educators, midwives, expecting parents
HMHB invites you to attend an upcoming training titled “Gentle Birth Skills & Drills” presented by Barbara Harper from Waterbirth International. Barbara Harper is a nurse, doula, midwife and childbirth educator who has been providing education and training programs for parents and practitioners over the past two decades. See attached training brochure and registration form for more information.
Knowing how to assist women to let go and use simple techniques for comfort, security and safety creates a gentler birth process for both mother and baby. At the end of this workshop the participant will be able to:
1) Identify the major hormones and their interplay between mother and baby in labor and birth
2) List the Gentle Birth Principles and Practices
3) Outline three alternative steps to resolve shoulder dystocia
4) Discuss the impact of birthing practices on bonding and breastfeeding
5) List three indications for the use of water as an intervention in labor
Please call or email me with questions. Please forward to your network.
Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies